Live. Learn. Love.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Break Reads


Currently I am reading Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project. It's an easy read, and I enjoy learning about Rubin's year long project to improve her happiness. Some of the information is common sense such as: exercise, sleep 7-9 hours, do what you love to do. However, Rubin also mentioned facts that are easily forgotten. One of the issues that she struggled with was: it's easy to be heavy, hard to be light. I can relate to that. It's a challenge to let go and lighten up. I feel like I have improved over the years, and I don't consider myself a control freak anymore. But there is always room for improvement.

P.S. I feel like Rubin is friends with the authors of some of my favorite novels. She mentioned Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat Pray Love) and Anne Lamott (Travelling Mercies) in her book.

P.P.S What is up with authors trying to do year long projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment