Live. Learn. Love.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Confessions of a Baker...

With my newfound free time, I've been rediscovering old hobbies such as baking. Baking from scratch is very therapeutic, and it's something I gave up during my volunteer year. I'm definitely glad that I haven't lost my love for baking.

Homemade Granola (Recipe from Joy of Baking) - The recipe called for 1/2 cup maple syrup, but I would put in slightly less next time and try adding 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.




Almond cookies with chocolate chips (Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com) - I tried making my own almond milk the other day, and I had leftover ground almond so I decided to make cookies with it. I added 1/4 cup more flour and threw in some chocolate chips.


The verdict: these cookies have a rich nutty flavor. I approve of this recipe - it's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment