- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 package of baby carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) container chicken stock
- 14 fluid ounce of water
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) container of tomato sauce
- garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pour the olive oil in a large pot, and cook the onion, carrot, potatoes, and squash 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Pour in chicken stock, water, and tomato sauce to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
(After it's been pureed.)
Trick: You can freeze half of it in the freezer since this calls for a big batch. This is helpful if you are cooking for one like me!