Live. Learn. Love.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

When I Was a Runner


I used to love running junior year in college. I ran with my church buddy and her co-worker along the beach. It was exhilarating! I don't run anymore due to knee pains, but I still like reading blogs about other people's running adventures. Healthy Tipping Point is one my faves. Blogger, Caitlin, posts about her daily runs, healthy dishes, and motivational tips. I like eating healthy, but the support is not always there. Ads for fast foods are so common, and we all just want to eat good, inexpensive food. This blog is very encouraging if you want to take care of your body and eat healthy.

I tried Caitlin's Green Monster, and I loved it! It's an easy way to incorporate some green into my diet. I changed the recipe a little:

1/4 cup raw oatmeal
3/4 cup almond milk
1 banana
2 cups spinach
a handful of walnuts

The good thing is that smoothies are easy and flexible. You can put in pretty much anything ou want.

No comments:

Post a Comment