Live. Learn. Love.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

5 Ways to Relieve Stress

Currently, I am taking an online class. It's very time-consuming and requires a lot of self-discipline. On the top of that, I am getting stressed out and feeling a bit tense because I have a bunch of questions to answer and a test to study for! (My little rant.) So here are a few tips I follow to de-stress. Hope this helps when you're feeling stressed.

1. Meditate - It's important to take the time to stop whatever you are doing and take a couple deep breaths. Working harder won't make you any less stressed out. Pray, do yoga, or some simple meditation techniques to relax and rejuvenate.

2. Watch TV - or do anything to take your mind off of whatever is bothering you. Laughing is good for the soul and body.

3. Exercise - This is really important. No matter how hectic you're schedule can get, taking a brisk walk or jog around the neighborhood does wonders to clear your head. I like to walk daily because I often think of solutions to problems this way. You can also head to your local gym. Sometimes I go with my mom, and we share helpful tips with each other.

4. Sleep - Sometimes you're just running low on fuel. Even though you think you're fine, it's just the adrenaline talking. So sleep it off!

5. Talk it out - with a friend or family member. They usually can bring a new perspective to your problem and can offer solutions that you didn't think of.

How do you relieve your stress? I will leave you with some photos of a bear and how he solved his dilemma. He got stuck in Rainbow Bridge, but after some sleep and the help of a rescue team he landed safely on the ground. I received this from my supervisor last year, and I always think of it when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Hey, sometimes sleeping solves the solution!




Photo credits: unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment