Live. Learn. Love.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Legalize LA

I admire American Apparel for their efforts in employing workers in the U.S. and not outsourcing their labor overseas. However, I am not an avid follower of their clothing because of the lackluster quality. When I first heard about how 1,500 workers at American Apparel would lose their jobs, I did not fully realize the impact it would have. But after reading an article in the Los Angeles Times, I started to think about how hard-working and diligent the workers must be. Even Obama pointed out in The Audacity of Hope that no one works as hard as the immigrants. For 1,500 people to lose their jobs in this economy is heart-breaking. They pay taxes and are productive members of society. Don't these traits make the employees qualify for citizenship?

Here are a few picks from their website. They have really increased their variety.



Photo credits: www.americanapparel.net

No comments:

Post a Comment