Live. Learn. Love.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ddukguk (Rice Cake Soup) Recipe

Ddukguk is one of my favorite childhood dishes. It is served on special occasions (such as New Year's Day) and also everyday occasions. It's very simple to make and requires basic ingredients. I left out a couple ingredients, but it still tasted fine. Click here for an original recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1 14 oz. can of chicken broth
  • 3/4 cup of sliced rice cakes
  • handful of baby carrots
  • 1 bunch of scallions
  • pepper and nori to taste
1. Boil chicken broth and rice cakes in pot. Lower temperature to medium-low heat after it boils.

 2. Place carrots into broth. Cook for about ten minutes or until rice cakes are fully cooked (I like them past al dente).
3. Then season with scallions, pepper, and pieces of nori to taste.



I know I left out a few key ingredients such as the fish sauce and sesame oil. I like to tackle cooking from memory, and I didn't check the recipe when I was cooking. Oops! But it turned out fine and saved a lot of time. Wait for the soup to cool a bit before you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment