Live. Learn. Love.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Inspiration from Actresses

Happy Friday! I am excited to start the weekend.

Lately, I've been watching the TV show, Once Upon a Time, on Netflix. It stars Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison. Morrison plays Snow White's daughter, Emma Swan. Emma is a tough kid; she grew up thinking that she's been abandoned by her parents. One day, she runs into a kid who happens to be her son, and the story unravels. I love the show, and I love the style on Emma and Snow White (played by Goodwin). Emma has a very edgy look with her signature red leather jacket. But she also softens it up with loose waves and sheer sweaters and t-shirts.

 

 
 I like to take style advice from characters on TV shows and movies. Costume stylists are very creative and try to exude a certain personality through the clothing. If it weren't were these fashion role models, I would probably just stick to what I wear best: t-shirts and jeans.

I was browsing through Uniqlo the other day, and I stumbled upon a sheer sweater. It was thin and made of linen. I instantly fell in love with it and bought it. This sweater is great for the spring/summer when it's too hot to wear a full-on sweater, but ideal for when you are indoors/in the subway where the A/C is blasting.


Another character I've been inspired by is Tessa Scott, played by Dakota Fanning, in the movie, Now is Good. Tessa is a girl battling leukemia, and she has a list of things she wants to do before she dies. Her character has a serious demeanor, yet it is offset by the crazy activities that she wants to do such as break the law and do drugs. She wears layers of sheer shirts and sweaters, which complement her pixie haircut.

 
 
Uniqlo has a great selection of lightweight shirts in summer material. I bought the shirt below as a layering piece. They have many different styles and colors in stores and online. Uniqlo is one of my favorite stores - such good prices, good quality and classic styles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment